In this age where junk food is the order of the day, bring in subtle changes into your diet to stay fit. Here we tell you about ten super foods to shed all that extra flab.
For the workaholic and the couch lover, losing weight is still like a far-fetched dream. The idea of shedding extra pounds comes as a beautiful nightmare to many because of several commitments attached to it.
- Your schedule is too busy to take time out for workouts.
- Laziness is your ruling star sign and won’t let you exercise.
- You worship junk food and sugary treats.
Benefits Of Losing Weight
Losing weight has more pros than cons.
- A slim body is an added asset to the beautiful you!
- Losing weight reduces the risk of diseases like diabetes and heart strokes.
- It ensures longevity in life.
Whether Cardio and Crunches still sound dreadful to you or not, here is a list of 10 super foods to lose weight naturally:
This miraculous beverage with a high concentration of catechins works wonders for weight loss. Green tea is known to prevent the accumulation of body fat. Drink your green tea with a drop of lemon or a sprig of peppermint to tingle your taste buds.
Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV is an appetite suppressor and also affects the secretion of insulin. Thus, it prevents the storage of fat in the body ensuring rapid weight loss. Apple cider vinegar has an acquired taste, and one may take time to get used to it. Try consuming it in diluted form and incorporating it in other meals.
Classic hot favorites like jalapeños and cayenne when included in the diet increase body temperature. A higher body temperature speeds up metabolism ensuring that food is digested early.
The best way to get rid of fat in the body is to build muscle. A high protein diet is necessary to ensure maximum muscle build. Lean meat like chicken and lean beef is packed with protein and can go a long way in our quest against calories.
High Fiber Diet
Doing away with carbohydrates completely is a big NO-NO. Replacing processed grains like polished rice and wheat flour with healthier options such as whole wheat grain, buckwheat, and multi-grain decreases the calorie count and assists weight loss.
Dark leafy greens are rich in calcium. According to research a diet rich in calcium helps to burn fats faster by aiding metabolism. Greens leafy vegetables such as watercress, spinach, kale, lettuce, can become your trusted friends.
Fat Free Yogurt
Yogurt is full of calcium and probiotics that protect your gut and also help to shed belly fat. Fat in the tummy produces cortisol, a hormone that increases the storage of belly fat. Calcium diminishes the secretion of cortisol to a great extent, thus making it easier to lose the flab.
Legumes are also another food group packed with proteins. A specialty in this group would be the Black Beans. Black beans are a storehouse of proteins and contain no saturated fats. That means it gives you almost zero calories after consumption!
Rich in vitamins and omega-3 dry fruits like almonds and walnuts are a good snack. Nibble onto them every now and then to always be full of energy.
We are 70% water. Keep that level up by drinking up gallons of water every day. Water regulates digestion and keeps our system clean. Eat fruits and vegetables that are water based like tomatoes, melons, and cucumbers and so on to work your way towards the flat belly.
Habits To Avoid
- Do away with alcohol and cigarettes: Alcohol is a hub of cholesterol and can be very harmful.
- Strengthen your willpower and say NO to junk food. Try healthier alternatives like sweet potato fries and whole wheat bread burgers if you are tempted.
- Sugar is a sure shot way to gain unnecessary calories. Replace it with better sweeteners like honey.
Mix And Match
Keep the dos and don’ts about weight loss in mind and mix and match these ten no fail super foods to shed all the extra flab. Here are some recipes that you could experiment with:
- Fat-free Yogurt and whole grain oats with blueberries, apples and honey.
- Kale and chicken stew with brown rice.
- A salad of lettuce, legumes, bean sprouts, tomatoes and walnuts with a dressing of olive oil and sesame seeds.
- Buckwheat chapattis with spicy black beans.
Things To Keep In Mind
Although the prospect of losing weight with these Super food items is tempting, depending on them solely might not be a wise decision.
Avoiding certain habits that have been mentioned earlier may also be beneficial.
Starting to exercise gradually will prove to be very helpful to reach your targeted weight.